Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Week two, day two - can I run outside, in the dark/cold?

It's 10C outside right now (about 50F), which to me is cold. hmm. maybe not that cold. but it's DARK. it's NIGHT. it's almost 7pm and I'm just about to leave work, and the goal is to go home, change clothes, stretch, and then go out for a job. in the cold dark night.

Up until now, all my jogging-outside activity has been in daylight, during beautiful warmish autumn weather. As I despise getting up earlier than I have to, I don't think it's realistic to do my jogs in the morning. But can I really do this now? God, daylight savings time sucks. and I really don't have any kind of proper running clothes, nevermind running-in-the-dark clothes.

but I have to do it! if I don't my whole schedule will be thrown off. so... go!

UPDATE: the weather was actually fine! and running on a weekday around 8.30pm came with an advantage that I didn't have when I was running on nice, sunny days or weekends... there were MUCH less people out and about, so the streets were all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment