Saturday, November 19, 2011

Week Four, day one

I've entered week four. In an ideal world I would have taken today off (as yesterday was an "on" day) but today I A) had the time B) the weather was nice C) I could go out during daylight hours. I think tomorrow will be too busy work-wise to try and cram a run in, and I wanted to make sure to do it. I left the house around 4.45pm and by the end of my run it was practically black outside... I did get to enjoy the sunset, and the park looked absolutely beautiful with a bit of fog - but man I hate how it gets dark so early.

It was about 7C (low 40sF) and humid, which is a great temperature. I wore running pants, sport bra, tank top, cotton long sleeve shirt, and hoodie. And I'm already noticing that I'm becoming less of a  wuss with the weather - when I started I would have thought this was freezing. Now that I'm, you know, actually moving a bit more I realize I could actually lose a layer and still probably be fine. I'd still rather overdress than underdress.

Anyway, this was today's workout:

5 min walking warmup
3 min jogging
90 sec walking
5 min jogging
2.5 min walking
3 min jogging
90 seconds walking
5 minutes jogging
5 min cool-down walking

Everything was pretty much ok, except for two small things. #1, I'm already sick of most of the music I have on my playlist. I went to skip ahead a Violent Femmes song and instead skipped ahead on my program! I was in that last 90 seconds of walking and then the app dude was saying "run" and I was like "wait no I have 40 more seconds to walk ahhh!" I quickly fixed it, but still, distracting. #2, my left ankle started to hurt just a bit during the last five minute run. not enough to stop, but it was weird. when I got home my little toe was numb - I think I was curling up my toes inside the shoe. Anyway, when I got home I stretched out and felt pretty good.

the total is fifteen minutes of real jogging. It's starting to seem a bit more real now, that maaaaaaybe I will actually get to the point that I can do a 5K. maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment