Saturday, November 12, 2011

Week Two, day three

Today is Saturday, and my last run was on Tuesday. Work has been too crazy to even think about exercise, unless I became the kind of person who could wake up early in the morning and go then. I get to work between 9.30am-10m, and my "commute" is a ten minute bike ride. so if I was running from say, 8.15am-8.45am, I would still have plenty of time to shower, drink coffee, and get to work. It seems like such a good idea in theory, and I guess I'd feel really good about myself all day long, but let me tell you - the first thing I do when my alarm goes off is turn it off and snuggle with my boyfriend for as long as humanly possible. Then he gets out of bed, makes coffee, and brings it to me (still in bed), and we snuggle a bit more while drinking coffee together. why on earth would I replace that with jogging??

If there's any chance at all of me doing a 5K before the end of the year, I'll just need to get the runs in whenever possible, even if that means three days in a row with three days off. Today's run was quite nice - it was about 12C, sunny and clear skies,  and tons of people were out on the street. I ran through Prisen Island, which is one of the most beautiful parts of the city, and quite enjoyed myself. No problem to follow the program, and I added on maybe an extra 1-2 minutes of running at the end. The nice thing about this is the simple fact that it gets me outside, and I'm lucky to live in such a beautiful city. when I approach my street, all the smells of coffee shops and fast food seem very unappealing, but it only takes me 30 seconds to get away from all that.

When I got home I stretched out a bit and did 100 crunches in three sets - 50/30/20. I remember the days when i could do hundreds of crunches without stopping...

Tomorrow I'll start week 3, which is run 90 seconds/walk 90 seconds/run 3 minutes/walk 3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment