Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I will run tonight I will run tonight I will run tonight

I'm psyching myself up right now. it's a nice sunny day, but the days are getting colder. 6 degrees Celsius and sun looks great from inside my nice warm office, but by the time I get out of work I know it's going to be 1-2 degrees. And that is fucking cold. I was just randomly googling "how to run in the the cold" articles, all of which say the same thing: to dress properly. but then again, most people are writing those articles for people who really RUN, not people who walk/run/walk/run.

I'm also reading a lot of blogs from people who have gotten through the program and trying to get inspired. Posts like this: http://scarletwords.com/2009/11/08/couch-to-5k-here-comes-week-7/ really help. all the people who start by saying "I hate running" are the people that I want to talk to (or at least read).

after a couple of manic work days, the last time I ran was on Sunday. Today is Wednesday, so I have to do it today. have to. have to. and I really want to do this outside - I only want to go to the gym if it's raining (which is not in the forcecast). the whole point of learning how to be a runner is to be able to take my workouts with me everywhere, which means not becoming dependent on the gym.

So I think I'm going to wander into a sporting goods store and buy some more workout clothes. as it stands I only have one pair of workout-type pants (the rest are shorts) so I'd need more of those anyway. and maybe a headband. and special gloves? that one I might wait on. One thing I might need to do soon is also investigate new sneakers - I like mine, they're a few years old (new balance) but they feel good... however my knees were feeling a little achy for a day following my last run and I really don't want to be accidentally hurting myself because it turns out that my sneakers are not at all what you're supposed to wear when running outside.

hmmm. ok. I will run tonight. I will run tonight. in the dark cold city. I will do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment