Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Week Five, day one

I forgot to update after my last run, but I'm still on schedule! This past weekend was absolutely insanity - I fed thanksgiving to about 35 people over a course of two days. But while the turkey was in the oven and everything was more or less on schedule, I escaped the kitchen for 31 minutes to do my run.

I did:
Five-minute warmup walk
jog 5 minutes
walk 3 minutes
jog 5 minutes
walk 3 minutes
jog 5 minutes
five-minute cooldown walk

Everything went pretty ok. I was running in a new location (I was cooking at a friend's house) so there was different stuff to look at, and I got to go outside while it was still light out and warmish (probably about 10C). I was able to wear only a long sleeved shirt and pants and not feel cold! the challenge during this particular run was the wind. holy god it was really really windy (not uncommon for amsterdam). But I made it through, managed to tack on an extra 45-60 seconds of running to my last five minutes, and made it back to the house feeling fine.


On Sunday and Monday I was so painfully tired from the weekend of cooking, cleaning, and serving food that there was no conceivable way I could have gone out jogging. Today is Tuesday, and that means I have to go out - I know if I miss more than two days in a row it's going to be too hard. I am nervous... week five is the halfway point, the point where there becomes more jogging than walking.


Let's see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment