Monday, December 10, 2012

run in the sun

I worked out this past Friday, doing that aerobic class at the gym that I love. It felt great - I can finally really feel and see some progress since I started that class. it's still super tough to get through, but compared to everyone else in the room I keep up pretty well. Friday's class was pretty intense with arm and stomach, so I skipped doing weights after the class was over. On Saturday I managed to get in 10 minutes of weights before the gym closed at 2pm, and then I went for a run. Dear god, that was a hard run. I know I've mentioned I hate running in the cold/winter, but I grew somewhat accustomed to it and have honestly <i> never</i> tried to run in warm, sunny conditions before. It was tough! The temp was about 23-25C (about 75F) and the sun was very strong and bright. I did 25 minutes of running and struggled a lot toward the end, especially with all these freakin' hills.

Sunday was a day of rest, if you consider schelping all over Mexico city with your boyfriend's family to be considered "rest."

Today I'll go the gym again for the class, and probably do about 30-40 minutes of weights after.

I bought a new scale for my house, which I haven't head in years. I know the numbers on a scale are not the whole story and it's a little dangerous because I get pretty obsessive about the numbers, but it also really helps to motivate me when I see the numbers go down (and of course depresses me if I see the numbers go up). 

today I weighed in at 61.3 kilos or 135 lbs! and sure, that was with me weighing myself naked, a couple hours after a breakfast of cereal and a banana. I know it could very easily vary by 2-3 pounds throughout the day, or depending on the time of month, etc.  but still, it's great to see that number going lower and makes the goal of 60 kilos (132.3 lbs) seem not so far off, with the ultimate goal being back at 56.6 kilos/125 lbs.

Today is my last week in Puebla for a while. I go to NY on Saturday, and I'm bringing my running stuff with me. I know I won't be able to exercise there the way I do here, but I really am going to try my best, especially because it will be an eating frenzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment